Tickets are sold on the basis of applicable COVID-19 rules, regulations and guidelines at the time of sale, in particular in relation to social distancing. However, potential ticket holders should be aware that shows will take place in accordance with applicable COVID-19 rules, regulations and guidelines at the time of the performance. In particular, we expect the requirement to wear a face covering and to socially distance to be removed. Potential ticket holders should consider this before purchasing tickets.
The Durham Fringe Festival does its best to ensure that all the information on its website is correct and up to date. However, we are only human and mistakes can happen, so we encourage anyone who may be making a special trip based on the information on our website to confirm the information is correct by emailing [email protected]
Durham Fringe Box Office Terms and Conditions
1. Tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions of the venue, our ticketing provider(s) and agent(s) and Durham Fringe CIC. Purchase of any Ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of these. Full details are available on request.
“Ticket” means any ticket for attending a performance or event that is part of the Durham Fringe Festival and is issued or offered for sale by Durham Fringe CIC or its authorised ticketing provider(s) or agent(s).
“Us”, “we”, or “Fringe” means Durham Fringe CIC (Company number 13322853).
2. If you book Tickets on behalf of others, you accept these terms and conditions on behalf of them and all members of your bubble / group.
3. Please check your Ticket immediately after purchase as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4a: Current Government regulations require each audience member over 16 years old to check-in using the NHS COVID-19 app or to supply their name and contact details on arrival to gain admittance to the venue. Prior to making a booking on behalf of others, you are responsible for securing agreement from the members of your bubble / group to supply this information. It will not be possible to admit members of your bubble / group who do not agree to supply this contact information and regrettably no refunds can be made in that event.
4b. You and members of your bubble / group will be required to comply with applicable COVID-19 rules, regulations and guidelines as notified to you or as directed by venue or Fringe staff or volunteers. Such rules, regulations and guidelines may be subject to change at short notice. In the event that you do not comply with such notifications or directions you or any member of your bubble / group may be denied admission or asked to leave the venue. We regret that no refunds can be made in that event.
4c. Up until the start time of the performance, if you or a member of your bubble / group are suffering from or displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please notify us as soon as possible, and we will be able to offer a full refund.
If an event needs to be abandoned due to a suspected case of COVID-19 in the audience, or cast and crew, we will offer retrospective ticket refunds where applicable.
It is at the discretion of venue or Fringe staff or volunteers to refuse a customer admission if they display COVID-19 symptoms. The Fringe will offer refunds on a case-by-case basis, once notified by venue or Fringe staff, or by a customer and confirmed by the venue or Fringe staff.
In no other case will retrospective ticket refunds be considered.
5. Tickets can only be exchanged after purchase at the discretion of the Fringe Box Office, and may incur an administration charge for doing so. Tickets cannot be exchanged less than 48 hours before a performance.
6. The Fringe cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen tickets. The Fringe reserves the right to cancel any ticket bookings which it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
7. A limited number of concession price tickets may be available for some shows. In such event, proof of eligibility may be requested at the point of purchase and / or point of entry and the provision of concession price tickets is at the sole discretion of the Fringe. The Fringe reserves the right to refuse admission, or charge the difference in price, if valid proof of eligibility is not shown on demand.
8. The Fringe Box Office will offer, where possible, one complimentary ‘Personal Assistant ticket’ for the companion of customers who require assistance to attend an event, when a ticket has been purchased for the customer requiring assistance. ‘Personal Assistant tickets’ cannot be purchased individually.
9. Potential ticket holders should note that St Chad’s Garden is an uncovered, outside venue. In the event of poor weather the Fringe may, in its absolute discretion, (a) continue the performance and you should dress accordingly (b) move the performance into St Chad’s Quad where sightlines and seating may be inferior or (c) cancel the performance at very short notice.
10. If, due to poor weather, a performance is cancelled when less than half the performance has taken place, we will refund to you the face value of the Tickets purchased. Where a performance has been cancelled when more than half of the performance has taken place we may, at our discretion, refund to you the face value of the Tickets purchased. Following cancellation of a performance, Tickets may instead be exchanged for later performances (subject to availability) provided that we receive your request for this at least 12 hours before the later performance is due to take place. In the event that you opt to exchange your Tickets, you waive any right to a refund in relation to the original Tickets.
11. It is the responsibility of the Ticket holder to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, the Fringe will use reasonable means to notify Ticket holders of the cancellation once we have received notification. Please note that we cannot guarantee that Ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation in advance of an event.
12. Tickets are sold subject to the Fringe’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
13. Purchase of a Ticket does not override the venue’s right to refuse admission should patrons breach any rules or regulations of the venue or the Fringe. The venue or the Fringe reserves the right to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of audience members and performers.
14. Unauthorised use of photographic, video and recording equipment at events is prohibited. Tapes, films or recordings may be destroyed or deleted. Laser pens, mobile phones, pets (except guide dogs) and patron’s own food and drink may also be prohibited, though this is at the ultimate discretion of the venue.
15. Ticket holders consent as members of a live audience to any officially sanctioned photography, filming and/or sound recording that may be taking place at the venue or during the event and the use of such materials for the promotion of the performance / event and the Durham Fringe Festival (current and future) through appropriate media including social media.
16. The venue and the Fringe accept no responsibility whatsoever for the loss or damage of any personal property.
17. Purchase of a Ticket gives the ticket-holder a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and the venue reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
18. The ticket-holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and venue regulations whilst attending the event. The Fringe is not responsible for any non-compliance and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance or removal.
19. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. The Fringe reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
20. Please note that for Tickets purchased to performances suitable only for persons aged 18 and over, any ticket-holder unable to present valid identification may not be admitted to the event. The Fringe is not responsible for verifying the age of attendees and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance.
21. Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Some performances may contain no suitable breaks. Admittance is at the final discretion of the venue or Fringe staff and volunteers. The Fringe is not responsible for identifying which performances do not admit latecomers and will not refund Tickets in the case of non-admittance.
22. Breach of the above terms and conditions, or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance, offence or injury to other persons shall give the venue or Fringe staff or volunteers the right to remove ticket-holders from the venue. Their decision is final, and the Fringe will not refund Tickets in the case of removal/non-admittance.
23. After an event has taken place, the refund or exchange of Tickets is at the sole discretion of the Fringe, regardless of attendance or not.
24. Under no circumstance does the Fringe accept responsibility for the content or quality of any events or performances.
25. The Fringe may offer a Credit Note for future events or merchandise in lieu of a refund. This is valid for a specified period, which is entirely at the discretion of the Fringe. Once any such issued Credit Notes have passed the stated expiry date, the value of any unused credit remaining shall revert to the Fringe.
26. The Fringe is not responsible for the provision of offers by its partners.
27. All merchandise is sold subject to the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
28. Please contact the Fringe, in writing, within 14 days of receipt of goods, if you wish to take up your statutory right to cancel your purchase of merchandise bought online or over the telephone.
29. This does not affect your statutory rights to return faulty goods for a full refund, up to 30 days after receipt, or up to 6 months after receipt, if, and only if, faulty goods cannot be repaired or replaced.
30. In the event of the return of any merchandise, for whatever reason, the Fringe will not be liable for the return cost of postage for said items.
31. The Fringe reserves the right to contact the customer, regardless of whether they have opted-in to receive marketing communications, for the purposes of administering their booking/purchase. Such reasons shall include, though not be limited to, cancellation of shows and update of performance status. The Fringe shall endeavour not to contact the customer unduly.
32. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between us and you and supersede all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties,
representations and understandings between us and you, whether written or oral, relating to the sale and purchase of Tickets and merchandise.
33. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions is intended to be enforceable pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party.
34. These terms and conditions and any contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.