Durham's annual Fringe Festival
From Wednesday 28th July to Sunday 1st August 2021, twenty-seven companies put on one hundred and eleven performances in 4 great venues in Durham City. We had magic, dance, stand-up, an aerial act, two bands, 5 new music showcases, cabaret and some great theatre. All the things you might expect in a fringe festival and all in the historic centre of Durham City.
The tickets are great value, most at £8 per show. We hope you were able to sample a range of the shows offered, and maybe something you’ve not tried before.
As we build up to 2022, we’ve kept our 2021 show listing available below so you can get a feel for what it’s all about!
How to make the most if its your first Fringe Festival
- Invite family or friends; it’s always more fun to go together
- The shows are mostly an hour or less, so booking two or three is recommended
- Enjoy the city’s restaurants and bars; plan time to eat, drink and chat
- Book the shows you think may be popular as soon as possible
- Check the times of the show so you can get from one to the next
- Pace yourself, make a day/night of it
- Try something different
- Don’t forget to keep your fluids up 😉